Build customer trust
Stay legally compliant
Streamline internal processes
Gain a competitive edge
- What customer data you collect, and how you collect it (for example, forms, cookies, pixel tags, etc.)
- Why you need this data and how it benefits your customers
- Where you store the data you collect
- How customer data may be used internally
- Any third parties you share data with, and why
- How customers can opt out of data collection or sharing
- How you make sure the data remains secure
- How customers can access, edit, or delete the data you store
Be as concise and straightforward as possible. Using legal jargon customers may not understand may be mistaken as “hiding something”. Clearly communicate your data practices.
You may also consider condensed versions of your policy in pop-ups or banners to grab attention. But they should link to the full text.
- Are you collecting any new types of customer data?
- Have you adopted any new technologies like cookies or social media pixels?
- Are you sharing data with any new third parties?
Update your policy to reflect any changes.
You should also review your policy whenever new regulations around data use and privacy come into effect. Being proactive about updates is key to maintaining compliance and customer trust.
Fines for violating privacy laws
If this sounds like a lot of work, it can be. Over the coming years, more privacy laws will be introduced. Privacy fines can range from $2,500 up to $7,500 per infringement (which could mean per website visitor).
Termageddon to the rescue!
Termageddon’s monthly license is included in your maintenance plan:
- $120/year value
- Your policies stay up to date automatically.
- Receive updates directly from Termageddon when new privacy laws go into effect.
- Receive notifications when new questions need to be answered to ensure you are compatible with new required disclosures.
- Attorney friendly – Invite your attorney to review the policies and even ‘override’ sections of each policy to their liking, if they wish. Future updates will be suggested by Termageddon, but they won’t override what your attorney changed without your permission.
If you’re not a 3 Bees Care Plan customer, get 10% off your first year with Termaggedon when you use my affiliate link.